Directions to Rylstone Aerodrome Airport
If using Google Maps or other navigational assistance insert the Aerodrome Airpark Address: 213 Coxs Creek Rd, Rylstone.
From Bankstown the journey by road, out of peak traffic times, is around 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hrs drive.
From Sydney Harbour Bridge the journey is approx 3 hours. Both these times are via Bells Line of Road and outside peak traffic times and without stops.
There are two ways to Rylstone Airpark from Sydney:
One Via Katoomba the other route is by the Bells Line of Road to Lithgow.
Generally the Katoomba route has more traffic, traffic lights and roadworks which will add 15 to 20 minutes more than the Bells Line of Road which, whilst single lane, has less traffic and is quicker.
If you are coming from the Southern (Kingsford Smith Airport) side of Sydney, you can come either by the Eastern Distributor and M5 then to Great Western Hwy to the mountains via Katoomba or the Harbour Tunnel and M2 thence on to Lithgow.
1. From the South side (Airport), take M5 Expressway.
2. Follow M5 to the M7. Watch out for signs saying to Newcastle and north …. if you are not vigilant in joining the M7 you can miss the correct ramp and continue on to Moss Vale and Bowral, requiring a U turn ….. not so convenient!
3. Follow M7 and watch for signs to exit ramp saying Great Western Hwy to Katoomba.
4. Katoomba, Blackheath, Mt Victoria, Lithgow, Mudgee exit etc.
Bells Line of Road Directions
If you are coming from the North side of Sydney Harbour, then come via the M2, Windsor and Bells Line of Road then Lithgow.
1. From the North side, take M2 Expressway.
2. Leave the M2 to get onto Old Windsor Road (not Windsor Road) by taking a left turn onto Abbott Road where the M2 ends and the M7 begins. Good landmarks before Abbott Road are: After you come out of the Beecroft tunnel (this is well after the Lane Cove tunnel) you will pass three major and well signed exists, the First being Beecroft Rd, the second Pennant Hills Rd and the third is Windsor Rd.
3. Abbott Road is the first exit after the Windsor Rd exit. It is a smallish exit and is easy to miss it. When you turn onto Abbott Rd, get over into the right hand lane and at the first set of lights (about 300 meters after turning off the M2) take the first right onto Old Windsor Rd.
4. Follow Old Windsor Rd for about 15 mins and then take a left at a set of lights onto Groves Ave. There is a largish McDonalds sign on the left on this corner.
5. Follow Groves Ave which becomes Hawkesbury Valley way after a sharp right hand bend then it becomes Richmond Rd. Keep following this road straight ahead. It will take you past Windsor and the Richmond Airforce base.
6. When you come into the centre of Richmond turn left at the lights onto East Market St then your first right onto March St which is the beginning of the Bells Line of Rd. From here it is straight ahead to Lithgow. (Watch out for the speed camera (60 km/hr) going up the Mtns at Kurrajong).
7. From Lithgow take the Castlereagh Hwy toward Mudgee. (Lithgow to Rylstone is about 1 hour 10 minutes drive).
8. About 1.5 Kms North of Ilford, turn right onto the Kandos/Rylstone Road. (If night time watch out for Kangaroos).
9. At Kandos turn left and continue on to Rylstone (10 minutes to Rylstone from Kandos).
If you feel like a quick break or coffee at Lithgow, turn right at the first set of lights coming into Lithgow. About 50 meters down on your right is the “Tin Shed”. Great coffee, food and people.
Directions from Rylstone township to Aerodrome
(about 4 minutes drive)
Set trip meter in Rylstone.
Drive North along Louee St which is the main Street through Rylstone and continue over the bridge.
When 2.1 Kms North of Rylstone turn right onto Coxs Creek Road.
Continue along Coxs Creek Rd for 2.1 Kms. Turn LEFT into the Aerodrome at the Main Aerodrome Entrance.
Note: Please DO NOT try to use the Residential Entrances (Signed No #1 and No#2) to access the Clubhouse and Hangars.
Welcome to Rylstone Aerodrome Airpark.